At cannon electrical, we feel we should all try and do our bit to help the planet and reduce our carbon footprint.
With renewable energy, we can do just that whilst also reducing our energy bills too.
We offer a range of solar panel installations to suit your home or business.
This could be a flat roof, on roof, in roof or ground mount.
All our installations are professionally designed with the ability to produce an accurate payback calculation.
The Benefits of Solar Panels
- Solar power is a renewable energy source
- Your energy bills will be reduced
- Solar panels will increase the value of your property
- Solar panels require very little maintenance
- Ability to store electricity when used with a battery to discharge when the sun goes down
- Ability to charge the battery using a cheap tariff from the grid when the demand is less
- Ability to charge your electric vehicle from surplus solar
- Ability to heat your hot water tank from surplus solar
- Ability to sell energy back to the National Grid
How Do Solar Panels Work?
Solar electricity systems capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. The cells don’t need direct sunlight to work – they can still generate electricity on a cloudy day – but generate more electricity in stronger sunlight. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run appliances and lighting.
The power of a PV cell is measured in kilowatts peak (kWp). That’s the rate at which it generates energy at peak performance in full direct sunlight during the summer.
Do I Need Planning Permission?
Generally, installations fall under permitted development rights so planning permission is not required but always check first.
Is Solar PV Expensive To Maintain?
Solar PV panels have no moving parts and need little maintenance – you’ll just need to keep the panels relatively clean.
Panels are mounted at an angle and in most cases, rain water is sufficient to keep them clean and ensure optimal performance.